Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A request to Barack Obama

I have recently sent a message to Barack Obama with a plan and a request:

Hello Mr. Obama & Mr. Biden,

I cannot tell you enough how excited I am about your campaign. This year has been a very interesting turn of events. Originally, I was a Hillary Clinton supporter, mainly because of her previous experience with President Clinton and the ideals she gained during his presidency, who I believe made a change in America, though, after his eight years in office and the following eight years of complete turmoil, I feel that both you and Mr. Biden have what it takes to get America back on track. I feel you know that America is "Of the people, by the people, and for the people", otherwise there wouldn't be an America and you wouldn't be running for office.

With that said, I wanted to bring up a few points that I am discussing in my blog, "http://altenergypolitics.blogspot.com/".

First, I would like to discuss Recycling and our landfills. Just in Missouri alone, there is 1.9 million tons of recyclable materials per year thrown away into our landfills, which according to a 2006-2007 study performed by Midwest Assistance Program Inc., equates to $208 million in potential economic commodities, though multiply that by 50 states, and you could see a massive surplus of potential. Can you imagine if these materials were recycled and what we could do with the money? I have a plan that if we were to use free or nearly free labor sources to harvest these materials in all of the U.S., this money could go toward many of our goals: Alternative Energy research and development, college grants, local education funding....the list could go on and on. The labor sources could be community service programs, prison work programs, welfare-to-work programs, etc. Please give this a thought!

Second, I want to discuss Alternative Energy. We really need to take a hard look at the Picken's Plan, as I feel Mr. Pickens has some really good ideas. I've written to my Congresspersons and have presented both Mr. Picken's ideas, as well as my own, and wanted to pass these same thoughts to you for consideration. We need to eliminate our need for foreign oil by developing our own means of energy, which can all be acquired freely after the initial investment: Solar, Wind, Hydro, Geo-Thermal, etc. With as many farmers as we have across America, there has to be a way to borrow small pieces of their land, in an energy sharing agreement, where Wind & Solar farms can co-exist with crop farms to produce both our vegetables and our energy. If I financial had a way to do this, believe me, I would. I'm working on a plan to personally do this, but until I come up with one, I would like to request your assistance with the Picken's Plan. Also, please look into legislation to force a stop to the monopolizing energy companies throughout the U.S., specifically in Missouri. I believe if an individual, regardless of trying to make a profit or not, wants to generate renewable energy in excess, the energy companies, such as AmerenUE, should be required by law to purchase the excess energy at the going rate and not take it because its available and attached to the grid! At the present, negotiations at their discretion must be performed. Please give consideration to these plans.

I wish both you and Mr. Biden all the best of health, strength, and luck in the upcoming elections. I will be speaking to everyone I can that a vote for you is the only choice they have if they wish America to once again to return to the prosperity we once had eight years ago.

Good Luck and God Bless!

--Ken Stulce

No comments: