Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Reply to Russ Carnahan

Hi Russ,

I'm so very glad to receive your message and I am extremely excited that you're backing The Picken's Plan. I think, at this point, this is our best avenue for success in getting the economy back on track and bringing jobs back home and also in creating new jobs and sources of revenue. In my previous email that I had sent to you, I had mentioned of recycling and reducing our landfills by cleaning them up and pulling out the recyclable materials, which can create a commodities revenue, create more jobs and fund alternative/renewable energy research, development, and installations.

Please give this a thought, as this process can be started NOW, without R&D and financial deployment. I feel that there should also be a push and incentive to all of the "waste management" companies to provide a "recycling" service within all of our counties.

I was recently informed by a friend who lives in Arnold, MO that his waste service is now providing large recycling containers and will take ALL of the recyclable materials. Unfortunately, my local waste company does not provide this service, thus I utilize my local recycling center located in Byrnes Mill, MO, once per week. I have reduced my actual output of "trash" from 2-3 trash cans down to one that is only half full and recycle two trash cans full of materials per week. I think if we can get more consumers to begin recycling, we can lessen our impact on the environment, as well as creating, as I had mentioned, a commodities revenue to assist with the alternative/renewable energy projects that would benefit our great state of Missouri.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

--Ken Stulce
kstulce@gmail.com
http://altenergypolitics.blogspot.com

3 comments:

T said...

Where I live in Herky in my neighborhood the pick up recycles right at the curb all you have to do is call city hall and ask for the bins, you put plastics and aluminum in one and paper in the other and they are picked up on mondays> I am still waiting however for them to bring me my bins

Ken said...

Utilize it for all it's worth. The farthest that you have to drag it is the curb. Once you get in the swing of things, as far as separating your recyclables, then it will be old hat. I GUARANTEE that your actual trash deposit will be small, as compared to your recyclable deposit!

The more we recycle, the more we, as a nation, gain, both economically and environmentally. Like I said, if anything, this is the first step, of many steps, to gain "independence" on foreign oil.

T said...

Well I have also gotten inot working in the yard landscaping and such. I have looked up plans for a Composing bin, I am not that great with tools(as we all know) I am thinking about getting a barrell or something and throwing yard waste and such in it and go from there.